Sunday, April 18, 2010

Waffles: I knew it wouldn't be this easy.

Oh my where to start... The Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Baking Mix DOES NOT make good waffles. In fact I feel sick. The search is still on, but I have some ideas. (Hodgson Mill does have a pancake/waffle mix but I'm going to move away from mixes.) The next waffle task:

http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/2008/05/monday-mornings-are-for-waffles.html

But until I build up my arsenal of different flours I'm going to put this mission on hold.

The Hodgson Mill Gluten Free pasta is however very good! It's more expensive than all the others though so I don't see an advantage to it yet.

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness that recipe doesn't call for Xantham Gum. Dat shit expensive. I bought a whole bunch of stuff to make gluten free bread today, but ran out of time to do it.

    I did make a yummy gluten free and definitely expensive dinner. Asparagus, prosciutto and shitake mushrooms slow roasted over low heat in parchment paper over polenta. It was my first time making polenta. Delicious and as easy as couscous!

    ReplyDelete