Thursday, April 15, 2010

But I don't have any gluten free pasta!

I came home tonight CRAVING some pasta with bacon and cheese.

After ignoring the craving and taking the dog to the park I couldn't put off making supper any longer. So I pulled out the rice cooker and threw in a serving of rice and a couple tablespoons of bacon bits (I got a huge bag of real bacon bits at costco a while ago. It's perfect to throw into things like this, or a side of vegetables or a scrambled egg, The best part is that I don't have to worry about cooking bacon before it goes bad!) then I loaded it with my aged cheeses!

It easily fixed my craving!

2 comments:

  1. Corn pasta is really inexpensive and almost tastes just like the normal stuff. Mom gets it for me at ocean state job lot for less than 2 dollars a bag. I don't know if you have those out there, but I feel like there are probably lots of places that carry them. But rice really does end up being the best part of the diet. Sometimes I even have rice for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted this in my email to Diane but this is my favorite GF pasta:
    http://www.bionaturae.com/gluten.html

    ReplyDelete