Friday, April 16, 2010

Breakfast is the worst

Finding tasty breakfast's to eat gets very difficult. The cereals that I thought I could eat don't taste good at all. Oats are a no-no, they are usually made in places with other gluten products and there are still studies going on to determine whether oats actually affect people or not. Well unless it was the yogurt I was eating it in, oats do not work well with me. Maybe I should find some gf oats. Anyways, the most amazing thing I have found so far are Van's gf toaster waffles. The same brand also makes pancakes and does all different flavors of them. When you put a tiny bit of syrup on them they taste exactly the same as regular waffles, and they only take toaster time to cook! I used to eat two every morning, but I have been getting away with eating one, and being able to get more breakfasts out of the box. Gluten free stuff isn't the cheapest unfortunately. Although some of the big brands of stuff have sections on their websites for gf stuff. For example, cheetos and cheez doodles and stuff are gluten free which I found out by searching the frito lay website. It was exciting news when I found out! :)

7 comments:

  1. This is terrible news! I love cheetos and need a reason not to make my fingers orange!

    Thanks for reminding me of the gf waffles in my freezer! That's what I'm having for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I forgot about those!! That is great that you still have them!! Oh and I just remembered of something I need to remind you of... This will be upsetting to you all I am sure. Things made of wheat, barley, and rye are out... So... Beer, whiskey, etc. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, not drinking beer is no problem for me but that whiskey thing hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well actually since then I have done a bit more research. Beer is definitely out. But it seems many distilled liquors are okay. Some add gluten back in, but I don't think that is all. I am just not sure how to determine that. Cause its not like they have ingredients on their labels. At least the ones that I have looked at so far. I guess my first trip to the liquor store will be a long one full of reading. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ta-da! Gluten Free Beer! Tastes kind-of like Bud-light...I can take it or leave it but it's good if you're craving a brew.
    http://www.redbridgebeer.com/about/aboutRedbridge.aspx

    I much prefer GF hard cider:
    http://www.woodchuck.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey just an FYI - MSG that's in cheetos and other things as a flavoring agent is being tested for gluten. It has been shown to have trace amounts of gluten therefore even though Cheetoes are gluten-free they still have MSG and that might cause problems.

    ReplyDelete