Thursday, April 15, 2010

Special K is a no-no

Today I sadly learned that special K is a big no no... Today will be the last day I eat special K with strawberries. You might think wait aren't those corn flakes? Well yes, technically they are as the first ingredient is CORN, but the second is Whole grain wheat and the third? Wheat Gluten. Though obviously the presence of Whole grain wheat implies wheat gluten is there anyway.

This cereal now belongs to Dusty and I am jealous.. no more buying giant family size boxes at Costco!

New Task: Find real Corn flakes to put in my yogurt that happen to be gluten free!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, many cereals that you would not think contain gluten do. And unfortunately, the ones that don't are not very good. Do not bother trying "Whole-O's" They look like cheerios, but their taste resembles nothing you would ever want to eat. Another thing you need to be careful about if you want to go completely gluten free is malt. I just checked the box of corn flakes here and they contain malt something or other, which is made of barley possibly? Anyway, it is not gluten free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update... Try chex cereals. According to their website they are all gluten free. And semi normal too, which is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I'll make sure to have Chex when you ladies come visit. Darrell loves them too, I think. Dragging him along the Gluten Free train, seeing as I cook most meals for him, will be interesting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you both on here. I miss you so much right now.. I think its because I'm tired and cranky and hormonal but more than anything i want you to come over and cuddle with logan and I. We all need to move to the same cul-de-sac. Then I would be happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if we all lived in the same cul-de-sac we would get sick of each other, but the same state would be great! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. try Nature's Path fruit juice sweetened corn flakes, they're my favorite
    http://www.naturespath.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - this is Diane's high school friend Cati, not some creepy internet stalker ;)

    ReplyDelete