Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Thai Peanut Coleslaw

There are many adjectives to describe how I feel about graduate school and how graduate school feels about me.  98% of these adjectives lead to increased stress.  Every time I try to take better care of myself something comes up, I no longer have time, and I slip back into my bad habits.  The meals that are most effected end up being breakfast and lunch.  No time to eat breakfast, no time to make lunch and I find myself back in the cafeteria buying chips.  But, things are going to change this time.

This week I have found a very simple to prepare, healthy, delicious, and satisfying salad that I don't get sick of eating everyday because of the sheer deliciousness.  When I buy lettuce I find that it just goes bad in my fridge, what a waste!  So I modified gluten free blondie's thai chicken salad with peanut dressing  (http://www.glutenfreeblondie.com/2011/09/recipe-thai-chicken-salad-with-peanut.html)

Thai Peanut Coleslaw:
To make a quick salad mix I put together a bag of broccoli slaw, rainbow slaw, and mung bean sprouts and mixed them up.  Everyday I just pull out this bag and grab a handful of salad to go in my container.  On top of this mix I add a few peanuts.  In a separate container (so the slaw isn't wet) I crumble some tofu and add some of the dressing.

Peanut dressing:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp honey
4 tsp gluten free soy sauce
squirt of sriracha

I make the peanut dressing up in a mason jar in large quantities ahead of time so I can just pour and go.

When lunch time comes around I just mix the two containers together and wa la! Deliciousness!





1 comment:

  1. I love this! It looks so simple yet delicious!! I can't wait to try it!! I love the bagged coleslaw idea! Thank you Thank you THank you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete