Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pasta Craving

I have pasta cravings ALL the time and have all my life. It's pretty much my favorite food. 

Last night I came home to a crockpot of pulled pork that had been cooking all day. So yummy.. but I wanted pasta. Though we have gluten free pasta, I've vowed to stay away from stuff like that, at least for a little while. So what did we have?

POLENTA!!

Luckily when I was at Trader Joe's this past weekend I brought my husband. Usually this is a mistake because he wants EVERYTHING which really hurts our pocket book and often isn't healthy. This time when his eyes lit up and he suggested a couple of tubes of polenta, I didn't stop him. Thank goodness!!

I sliced the polenta tube the long way, sprinkled the pieces with a bit of parmesan cheese and put them directly on my electric griddle (this thing is easily my favorite kitchen tool right now. It gives everything a non-stick crust without the added oil.)

Then i mixed some Classico tomato sauce with 2 servings of pulled pork and put that on the griddle. We ate this (SOOO DELICIOUS and SOOO satisfied my pasta craving) together with some leftover corn and watermelon.

I LOVE polenta. Now we need to work on successfully making our own.. so far it has been a flop but I hear it is super simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment