Saturday, October 23, 2010

Gluten Free Labels

I had made an assumption and recently learned its a faulty assumption. I assumed that if a brand labels an item Gluten-Free that it'll label all its gluten free items as Gluten Free.

I recently noticed that Nestle Tollhouse Semi-Sweet chocolate morsels and chocolate chunks say on the bag that they are gluten free. I squatted on the floor of my grocery store the other day for about five minutes looking at the bags of white chocolate staring to see if they're gluten free. I convinced myself that they must have gluten in them because the semi-sweet was labeled gluten free and the white chocolate wasn't.

I WAS WRONG! :D (and thank goodness!!)

I found this which lists lots of gluten free nestle products but most importantly these ones:

LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
LIBBY’S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix

NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Morsels
NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks
NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels
NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Premier White Morsels
NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels
NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter Swirled Morsels
NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate & Premier White Swirled Morsels

NESTLÉ CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
NESTLÉ CARNATION® Low Fat Evaporated Milk
NESTLÉ CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk
NESTLÉ CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
NESTLÉ CARNATION® Instant Nonfat Dry Milk

Oh and ps. I made Rice Crispy Treats dipped in chocolate. YUM YUM YUM! Wait don't be mislead I didn't use RiceCrispies(Not Gluten Free!), I used a gluten free brown rice cereal that is practically identical.

No comments:

Post a Comment