Sunday, October 10, 2010

CHEESE CRACKERS!

Ok, so we know crackers are super expensive and the pickings are slim.

Want super tasty cheez-it-esque crackers!?!?!

I found a simple delicious cracker recipe. Of course it calls for regular flour so we'll switch it up. I replaced the flour with my usual flour mix and some brown rice flour. I think next time I'll try all brown rice flour. You can't really do wrong with this recipe, you could even use ground up shoe leather (as Guy Fieri would say who Dusty and I no longer like...  mostly because we saw him in Bass Pro Shop and he was a jerk) in place of flour and it would be delicious.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter softened
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1 cup Finely Grated Cheddar Cheese (at room temperature)
1/2 cup GF Flour Mix
1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/8 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1 tbl. Cold Water

Instructions:
Use beaters or food processor (my mixer worked fine with the paddle attachment)  to mix butter and salt until creamy. Add Cheese. Mix Well. Gradually add flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and water mixing until dough begins to form a ball. Form dough into a ball with hands.

Roll the dough into 1/8 inch thickness onto a cookie sheet. Roll between two pieces of parchment or wax paper otherwise you may have dough sticking to the board. Cut the dough into shapes of your choice and make sure they aren't touching. This is very important. I cut mine with a pizza cutter but didn't separate them and when i took them out of the oven they were fused back together (this was a duh moment!).

Bake 15 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned. Turn off the oven and leave the crackers inside to crisp up. Store tightly covered.



Enjoy!!

The only reason I made these was because I was making chex mix and needed a cracker so it wasn't just chex and nuts. It was perfect. I have never tasted anything so cheeeeesy. I may make them every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment