Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins

I made my favorite fall chocolate almond pumpkin muffins last weekend. They turned out just like the real thing! I used Mama's Coconut Blend which I found at my favorite grocery store plus xanthan gum. Unfortunately it calls for alot of butter and they gave me a belly ache (so did the real thing last year) so I'm not going to post the recipe until I try it out with Apple Sauce instead of butter.

Earlier this week when I went grocery shopping there was no canned pumpkin, probably due to the Great Pumpkin Shortage of 2010. Luckily when I went to my favorite grocery store AGAIN they had tons of Libby's so I got one huge double can and a bunch of smaller cans since they'll last a really long time. Maybe the shortage is over but I didn't want to take that chance since pumpkin (other than apples) is my favorite food of fall.

I think what I am trying to tell you is 'Stock up just in case!!!' though it seems that we've had a really good year for crops. Last year lots of farmers around here lost crops because we had snow early.

Finally can I just say that it's so nice that things say gluten-free now. I don't know people did it before it because the fad Hollywood diet. Thai kitchen is my favorite, they even labels their coconut milk 'naturally gluten free'. Almost as awesome as my peanut butter jar that says under 'Ingredients: Peanuts' wait for it... 'Contains Peanuts.'

Love Love

No comments:

Post a Comment