Wednesday, September 15, 2010

King Arthur Flour Gluten Free Muffin Mix

I tried this new muffin mix yesterday, it is a vanilla base and you can choose what to add in. I decided to go with frozen blueberries.

The muffins themselves are absolutely delicious and easy to make. Could probably pass as cupcakes if you left them plain and put frosting on top. There isn't much of the typical gritty texture that is found in most gluten free baked goods. The one problem that I noticed is that it calls for 1.5 cups of whatever else you want to add. So I added that many frozen blueberries. I think this was way too much.

The bottom of my muffin was mostly blueberries and does not stick together well. I had to get a spatula to remove it from the pan. This may also be because the blueberries added so much moisture to the batter. If I were to do it again I would definitely put in paper muffin cups to remedy the situation, either that or decrease the amount of blueberries added.

These muffins end up being perfect for my needs. I put a few in the fridge (the box says they only last about 3 days in the fridge) and the rest are in the freezer in seperate baggies. All I have to do before leaving for school in the morning is pull a bag out of the freezer. By the time I am ready to eat it the muffin has defrosted wonderfully and is perfect to fix my lunch time hunger.

I would definitely make them again with the few alterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment