Thursday, November 4, 2010

Mrs. Leeper's Creamy Tuna and Mac and Cheese

I am very behind on my posting so much more should be coming soon. I recently took a trip to my local Ocean State Job Lot and found both the creamy tuna and mac and cheese for $1.50. I had never seen this brand before but figured you can't go wrong for $1.50. Boy was I right.

For one person, these boxes contain too much product for even a dinner. It was wonderful because I was able to get another dinner out of it. (They still taste great reheated)

The creamy tuna has an alfredo type sauce with it, which goes great with the tuna. I was a little weary because I do not usually like tuna in anything other than tuna salad, but this was delicious.

The mac and cheese had a slightly different taste than the typical "blue box" mac and cheese. But it was still delicious and it seems as though one box of Mrs. Leeper's mac and cheese contains about three times the pasta that a box of kraft macaroni and cheese contains. For much less as well.

Now you must be weary... In Stop and Shop yesterday I saw the Mrs. Leeper's brand again for somewhere between 3 and 4 dollars. At this point you could probably create something just as good for less, but for the convenience it might still be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment